Tuesday, September 27, 2011

So, this blog is about my kids. But every now and then, I get to do stuff that is so awesome that I have to write about it. Last weekend, my brother came down from Post Falls, and Eric (my brother from another mother) and Dad came up from Ogden. We spent 2 days on the South Fork with a Cyclocross race squeezed in between. The fishing was not great, but the weather was perfect. It was a lot of fun!

The Guys at Clacka Craft let us demo this boat for the weekend. It is the Clacka Max. It is an 18 ft boat that will seat 5 plus the rower. We had 4 guys in it for a total of almost 900lbs. It rowed beautifully. Despite being huge and heavy, I could still crab row this boat and hold a drift just like my smaller 16 ft model. This boat is on my dream list.

The nicest fish ended up in my belly. On the South Fork, it is the law to keep rainbows. I was happy to oblige.

Eric smoking it up on the cross race. He took 4th over all in the mens A race. I also took 4th in the mens B race. 4th out of 4. I was the slowest guy out there, but no one had more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment